Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was the first meal my dad & I created after Hurricane Wilma last year when power returned after 2 weeks! Comfort food all the way! Easily doubled or tripled!
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 (28 ounce) canitalian whole tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (20 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup pecorino romano cheese (to garnish)
- garlic salt
- Open cans of tomatoes and pour into large skillet. Cut up whole tomatoes with knife, releasing juices.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add drained beans.
- Boil pasta water and add pasta.
- Cook acording to package directions
- Add cheese to sauce & stir, simmer till pasta is done.
- Drain and add to sauce
- Sprinkle with extra cheese.
i just noticed this has no reviews! i've made it several times since i joined this site and my family loves it. simple, and easy. im making it right now because my husband is going to be shutting off the power to replace some gas lines so perfect! thanks for posting!