Recipe by Kiwiwife
This was the first meal my dad & I created after Hurricane Wilma last year when power returned after 2 weeks! Comfort food all the way! Easily doubled or tripled!
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 (28 ounce) canitalian whole tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (20 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup pecorino romano cheese (to garnish)
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Open cans of tomatoes and pour into large skillet. Cut up whole tomatoes with knife, releasing juices.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add drained beans.
- Boil pasta water and add pasta.
- Cook acording to package directions
- Add cheese to sauce & stir, simmer till pasta is done.
- Drain and add to sauce
- Sprinkle with extra cheese.