Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Hungry Girl recipe
Make and share this Hungry Girl's Mini Red Velvet Whoopie Pies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons jet-puffed marshmallow creme
- 1⁄4 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- one 25-calorie packet hot cocoa mix (like Swiss Miss Diet or NestlÃƒ Fat Free)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1⁄3 cup devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cake mix
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the filling, place marshmallow creme in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 5 - 10 seconds, until soft and easy to stir. Let cool slightly. Add Cool Whip and vanilla extract, and stir until completely mixed. Refrigerate until your pies are ready to be assembled.
- Place cocoa mix, salt, and 1/2 tablespoons chocolate chips in a glass. Add 1/4 cup very hot water, and stir until ingredients have dissolved. Add food coloring and 1/4 cup cold water, and mix we ll.
- Pour cocoa mixture into a bowl. Add cake mixes and egg substitute. Using a whisk or fork, mix batter for about 2 minutes, until smooth and blended. Batter will be thin, but your pies will puff up once baked. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoons chocolate chips and lightly stir.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. Spoon batter into the pan, evenly distributing it among all 12 cups (only about 1 heaping tablespoons per cup). Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a "pie half" comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Once cool, use a knife to carefully loosen the pie halves and remove them from the pan.
- Place 6 pie halves flat-side up on a plate. Spoon filling on top of the plated halves, evenly distributing it among them. Place one of the remaining pie halves, flat-side down, on top of each filling-covered pie half. Whoopie, you're done!