Hungry Girl recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons jet-puffed marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- one 25-calorie packet hot cocoa mix (like Swiss Miss Diet or NestlÃƒ Fat Free)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1/3 cup devil's food cake mix
- 1/3 cup yellow cake mix
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2To make the filling, place marshmallow creme in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 5 - 10 seconds, until soft and easy to stir. Let cool slightly. Add Cool Whip and vanilla extract, and stir until completely mixed. Refrigerate until your pies are ready to be assembled.
- 3Place cocoa mix, salt, and 1/2 tablespoons chocolate chips in a glass. Add 1/4 cup very hot water, and stir until ingredients have dissolved. Add food coloring and 1/4 cup cold water, and mix we ll.
- 4Pour cocoa mixture into a bowl. Add cake mixes and egg substitute. Using a whisk or fork, mix batter for about 2 minutes, until smooth and blended. Batter will be thin, but your pies will puff up once baked. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoons chocolate chips and lightly stir.
- 5Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. Spoon batter into the pan, evenly distributing it among all 12 cups (only about 1 heaping tablespoons per cup). Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a "pie half" comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- 6Once cool, use a knife to carefully loosen the pie halves and remove them from the pan.
- 7Place 6 pie halves flat-side up on a plate. Spoon filling on top of the plated halves, evenly distributing it among them. Place one of the remaining pie halves, flat-side down, on top of each filling-covered pie half. Whoopie, you're done!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungry Girl's Mini Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Cool Whip Free
devil's food cake mix
yellow cake mix