1/2 Photos of Hungarian Rich Chocolate Hazelnut Torte
This is a recipe from the UK tv chef Silvena Rowe who specializes in making Eastern European food. She says these are inspired by smaller tortes she has eaten in Budapest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 1/2 ounces butter
- 7 ounces dark chocolate, 70 percent solids, chopped
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 5 1/2 ounces soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 1/2 ounces ground hazelnuts
For Chocolate Ganache
For Hazelnut Topping
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Have ready n 8 inch round baking time, buttered and lined with kitchen paper.
- 3Melt the butter very slowly over a low heat.
- 4Remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate, stirring all the time so that it melts in the hot butter. Cool.
- 5Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, then keep aside until needed.
- 6Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until thick and pale.
- 7Add the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- 8Sprinkle in the flour and ground hazelnuts, and mix together carefully.
- 9Add the egg whites and fold them in carefully to retain as much air as possible.
- 10Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes. The cake should be set, but slightly wobbly in the center. Cool in the tin.
- 11To prepare the chocolate ganache, heat the cream almost to boiling point.
- 12Immediately remove from the heat, and add the chopped chocolate. Stir until amalgamated.
- 13Cool and they pour over the cake to glaze. Allow to set.
- 14To make the hazelnut topping, place the sugar and 3.5 ounces water in a saucepan and cook until lightly caramelized.
- 15Remove from the heat and add the whole roasted hazelnuts.
- 16Stir briefly to coat.
- 17Using tong, and working quickly, remove the sticky nuts in clusters, an place on lightly oiled baking paper to cool.
- 18Top the cake with hazelnut clusters and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Rich Chocolate Hazelnut Torte
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 897.1
- Calories from Fat 675
- Total Fat 75.0 g
- Saturated Fat 33.1 g
- Cholesterol 226.0 mg
- Sodium 191.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 17.4 g