Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From an old library book. Sounded interesting.
Make and share this Hungarian Layered Potato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs small potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1⁄2 lb boiled ham, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb Polish sausage
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop potatoes in their skins in water to cover, adding 1 tablespoons salt. Cook potatoes until tender. Then peel and slice.
- Peel and slice hard boiled eggs.
- Butter a glass casserole dish well. Arrange a layer of sliced potatoes neatly on the bottom (about 1/3 of the potatoes). Season with salt.
- Melt the butter and sprinkle a little on top of the potatoes.
- Cover this with a layer of ham slices and top with another layer of potatoes (about half of what's left).
- Again sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter.
- Arrange egg slices and then sausage slices on top. Finish with a final layer of potatoes.
- Pour any remaining butter on top. Spread sour cream over all and sprinkle with paprika. Bake 30 minutes.