1 hr 15 mins
From an old library book. Sounded interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Drop potatoes in their skins in water to cover, adding 1 tablespoons salt. Cook potatoes until tender. Then peel and slice.
- 3Peel and slice hard boiled eggs.
- 4Butter a glass casserole dish well. Arrange a layer of sliced potatoes neatly on the bottom (about 1/3 of the potatoes). Season with salt.
- 5Melt the butter and sprinkle a little on top of the potatoes.
- 6Cover this with a layer of ham slices and top with another layer of potatoes (about half of what's left).
- 7Again sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter.
- 8Arrange egg slices and then sausage slices on top. Finish with a final layer of potatoes.
- 9Pour any remaining butter on top. Spread sour cream over all and sprinkle with paprika. Bake 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hungarian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Layered Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.3
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 300.5 mg
- Sodium 2624.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 20.5 g