1/1 Photo of Hungarian Goulash Soup
2 hrs 30 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
Secrets of Hungarian Cookery, an old cook booklet. This is a really simple, filling soup. It was more of a stew for me cause I cook it down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut beef into 1 inch squares.
- 2Brown chopped onion in butter; add paprika and fry slightly; do not brown paprika.
- 3Add cubed beef, salt and pepper; simmer until tender in its own juices, being careful not to scorch.
- 4Add carrots and water and simmer until carrots are partly cooked.
- 5Add potatoes; cook until potatoes are done, for about 1 hour.
- 6Serve with dumplings if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Goulash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1011 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.0
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 236.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 55.6 g