Recipe by cristibell
After trying several recipes for hummus and playing w/ changing the quantities, this is by far the best I've made!
- 1 cup of cooked garbanzo beans (16 oz can)
- 1⁄3 cup of raw sesame tahini (non salted is better)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (xtra virgin makes the difference)
- 2 garlic cloves (not too big, otherwise just one)
- 1⁄2 lemons, juice of or 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- black olives
To eat with
- pita bread
- vegetables (such as carrots or celery)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all the ingredients in food processor. Place on a serving plate and poor a little bit of olive oil on the top and sprinkle some paprika, place olives for decoration and it's ready to serve with Pita bread or veggies.
- Note: If you like your hummus chunky, blend in for less time and add less water, if you like it creamier, add some more water to reach desired consistency.