Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A low-fat version for a delicious appetizer. Hummas usually includes tahini, a paste from ground sesame seeds, if you have some on hand add it also to suit your taste. Believe is or not, creamy peanut butter is a good substitution for the tahini flavour.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon water
- In food processor or blender, puree all the ingredients until smooth.
- Serve with pita triangles or rice crackers.