1/1 Photo of Hummus, Already Prepared (Canned) by Sy
It takes quite a long time to make Hummus from dried chick peas. This recipe will make a really good and tasty Hummus in a short period of time. This is a great middle eastern breakfast! Don't forget the garlic cucumbers and olives...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (13 ounce) can hummus (Cortas Brand Hummos Tahina, Chick Pea Dip From middle eastern food stores)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped very fine
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1/2-1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- hot chili sauce (Substitute,Tobasco Brand)
- 3 -4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped roughly
- 1In a bowl blend the Hummas with the garlic, olive oil, tahini paste, lemon juice, cumin; vary the olive oil, tahini paste and lemon juice to make sure that it does not become to thin.
- 2You want a nice thick consistency to the Hummas.
- 3Place on a large round plate and using the back of a spoon to create a"circular swirl like form" around the sides.
- 4Sprinkle with a little chili/tobasco sauce and garnish with sun-dried tomatoes.
- 5Serve with pita bread (warm in microwave), pickled garlic cucumbers/olives (Israeli/Arabic variety).
- 6OPTION- SINGLE HUMMUS PLATE, ALREADY PREPARED (canned).
- 7Using the above recipe, place a single serving of hummus on a small round plate (add more tahini to taste).
- 8Using the back of a spoon to create a"circular swirl like form" around the sides and a"well" in the center.
- 9Sprinkle with hot chili sauce (Substitution- Tobasco Brand/Texas Pete Hot Sauce) In the"well" put some chopped onions, greens, fresh tomato, etc.
- 10Garnish with parsley.
- 11Serve on a side dish: pita bread (warm in a microwave), pickled garlic cucumbers and olives (Israeli/Arabic variety).
- 13NOTE: Try Pita Snacks#35658 (http://www. recipezaar. com/35658).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hummus, Already Prepared (Canned) by Sy
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 393.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 9.9 g