Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
It takes quite a long time to make Hummus from dried chick peas. This recipe will make a really good and tasty Hummus in a short period of time. This is a great middle eastern breakfast! Don't forget the garlic cucumbers and olives...
- 1 (13 ounce) can hummus (Cortas Brand Hummos Tahina, Chick Pea Dip From middle eastern food stores)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped very fine
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- hot chili sauce (Substitute,Tobasco Brand)
- 3 -4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped roughly
- In a bowl blend the Hummas with the garlic, olive oil, tahini paste, lemon juice, cumin; vary the olive oil, tahini paste and lemon juice to make sure that it does not become to thin.
- You want a nice thick consistency to the Hummas.
- Place on a large round plate and using the back of a spoon to create a"circular swirl like form" around the sides.
- Sprinkle with a little chili/tobasco sauce and garnish with sun-dried tomatoes.
- Serve with pita bread (warm in microwave), pickled garlic cucumbers/olives (Israeli/Arabic variety).
- OPTION- SINGLE HUMMUS PLATE, ALREADY PREPARED (canned).
- Using the above recipe, place a single serving of hummus on a small round plate (add more tahini to taste).
- Using the back of a spoon to create a"circular swirl like form" around the sides and a"well" in the center.
- Sprinkle with hot chili sauce (Substitution- Tobasco Brand/Texas Pete Hot Sauce) In the"well" put some chopped onions, greens, fresh tomato, etc.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve on a side dish: pita bread (warm in a microwave), pickled garlic cucumbers and olives (Israeli/Arabic variety).
- NOTE: Try Pita Snacks#35658 (http://www. recipezaar. com/35658).
This is a good recipe for those canned hummuss I could never make taste good! I used Cortas as called for. We don't like spicy so I left out the hot chili sauce but did add a small garlic clove crushed. The garlic was too much probably because it was not roasted so next time I would like to roast some to make it a bit sweeter and then maybe this will be 5 stars. The additional tahini is what helps the cans so don't skip that. I did not add the sun-dried tomatoes on top as I didnt have any. I put chopped up tomatoes and parsley in a well in the middle with a little olive oil and sprinkled sweet paprika on for colour. I will make this again with said modifications.