Recipe by KitchenWitchn
This is, in my opinion, delicious on it's own, and also makes a wonderful base for other varieties of Hummus.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (Chickpeas)
- 8 teaspoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the beans (juice included), tahini, lemon juice and garlic cloves together in a food processor or blending appliance.
- Slowly add in your choice of oil (I prefer safflower, but others prefer a light olive oil) until your hummus has reached the desired consistency. (I like creamy, with a bit of crumble!).
- Blend in cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cumin is very distinctly flavored and too much can overpower your hummus, so I prefer to add in a few pinches at a time. I do not exceed one teaspoon (you'll need to multiply that if converting this recipe for a larger output).
- If this is your base, you can add many wonderful things - my favorite is roasted red pepper. But I also love this alone with no extras.