Recipe by Special Ed
The base of this recipe seems pretty universal, and I started with ingredients common to several online recipes, and modify it from time to time, keeping what I like and leaving the rest. I whip up a batch of this on Sunday, then use in in pitas throughout the week. It makes about 3-4 large pitas, or a good bowlful for dip at a get together.
Top Review by YiayiaMouse
Ed, I'm going to have to try this one again with store bought tahini. The stuff I made for this recipe may have been my problem. (I've never made tahini before, so I don't doubt it!) I will make it again when I can and give you stars then. Made for PAC Fall 07
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed (aka Chick Peas)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper bruschetta topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a food processor.
- Use "pulse" (if available), adding oil until you have the desired consistency (this should be spreadable; not enough oil, and you get something stiff like sugar cookie dough).
- Keep refrigerated, but you can eat it right away!