Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
For a creamier hummus, slip the skins off of the canned chick peas by squeezing them between your fingers. The pickle juice adds a great flavor to the hummus. Please try it!
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, skins removed (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Place all in food processor and blend until very creamy.
- Serve with toasted pita wedges or use in a pita sandwich as a dressing.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Taking the skins off the chick peas is time-consuming, but once I tasted the difference in the hummus, I was convinced that my labor was not in vain. Interesting use of pickle juice--but worked well. The only thing that I would change is to add 1/2 cup either chick pea liquid or water to the recipe for an even creamier texture. Or clarify the recipe to include more liquid. Otherwise, great tip and great hummus!