1/1 Photo of Hummingbird Cake [with Pineapple Frosting]
1 hr 5 mins
Recipe Junkie's Note:
I know there are a lot of hummingbird cake recipes here, but this one is from Taste of Home and since I didn't see it in here, I'll post it. Prep time does not include complete cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, undrained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- 2Add eggs bananas, oil, pineapple and vanilla.
- 3Beat til combined.
- 4Stir in walnuts.
- 5Pour these into three greased and floured 9" round baking pans.
- 6Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or til a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 7Cool 10 minutes.
- 8Then remove from pans to wire racks.
- 9Cool completely.
- 10For frosting, in large mixing bowl, beat shortening, butter, lemon peel, and salt until fluffy.
- 11Add confectioner's sugar alternately with pineapple juice.
- 12Beat in the cream.
- 13Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- 14Sprinkle with walnuts if desired.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hummingbird Cake [with Pineapple Frosting]
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 890.4
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 385.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 97.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g