Recipe by Nana Lee
As I've stated before, I'm not a fish person, I truly dislike seafood. However, when I come across recipes such as this, I cannot help but post them for those of you who do like seafood. Please see the NOTES in the recipe directions for important info re: thawing and marinating fish.
- 2 trader joe's swordfish steaks, in our freezer case
- 1⁄2 cup trader ming's soyaki
- 1 cup trader joe's all natural 100% hawaiian pineapple chunk, drained
- trader joe's extra virgin Italian olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- NEVER thaw seafood at room temperature(SEE NOTE BELOW)and marinate only in the refrigerator.
- DISCARD MARINADE AFTER USE!
- Spray an ovenproof pan with oil.
- Place defrosted fish in the pan and pour 1/4 cup of Soyaki over fish, turn fish and repeat.
- Broil the fish for 7 minutes and then turn them over, top with pineapple and return to the oven for another 7 minutes or until done (when fork inserted, fish flakes).
- NOTE RE DEFROSTING FISH:.
- Best bet - thaw from frozen in package in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- 2nd best - in packaging in a bowl of water in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Quick thaw - under cold running water.
- Cheater thaw - remove packaging and microwave on defrost until thawed.