Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "Woman's Day" magazine, February, 2006. This would be a great party idea for Valentine's parties at school or church. What the heck...make up a batch for your hunnie too! ;-)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Very nice tasting sauce & the completed sundae is very satisfying! However instead of using a whipped topping a cherry, I chopped some of the cherries & sprinkled them on along with the chocolates! A nice change of pace for us, even in our cold weather! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Chocolate Kiss theme in the Comfort Cafe]
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipping
FOR THE SUNDAE
- ice cream, of your choice
- Hershey's Hugs chocolates, chocolates with almonds
- hershey's chocolate kisses with almonds
- whipped topping
- maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir in sugar and butter in a saucepan over low heat until caramel-color; about 10 minutes.
- Heat cream until warm.
- Slowly stir in cream.
- Boil 1 minute to thicken.
- Let cool.
- TO ASSEMBLE SUNDAE:.
- Put scoops of ice cream into a bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons caramel sauce; sprinkle with hershey's candy.
- Top with whipped topping and a cherry.