Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I bought a Hubbard Squash at a local farmer's market and never had cooked one before. They told me it tasted like sweet potato, so I used seasonings that I like with sweet potato, and it does taste similar! You may have to adjust the sugar and cinnamon to your taste, or if you have an extra-big squash.
- Cook squash; I halve it, remove the seeds, and do it upside down in the microwave in a pie plate, with 1/2 inch of water on the bottom of the dish.
- It takes about 10 minute.
- per half, depending on how big your squash is.
- When cool, pare off rind, and cut in chunks, placing in large bowl.
- Add butter, sugar, cinnamon.
- Mash with potato masher or hand mixer.
- Put puree in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.