Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Clarissa Hyman. This one is a blinder. Add extra paprika for more heat.
Make and share this Hraimeh (Spicy Libyan Fish) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 5 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground caraway
- 2 teaspoons paprika (mix hot and sweet)
- 4 (1.23 lb) tuna steaks
- Mix oil, water, lemon juice, tomato puree, garlic, salt and spices.
- Pour into a wide shallow pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish and turn it over on both sides so it absorbs the sauce. Cover and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley or coriander and serve.
This is pretty good! Quickly made and not too spicy. We enjoyed it with rice and steamed vegetables. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Visit Lybia / N*A*M*E Forum