Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's 2 easy ways to cook a spaghetti squash for all those great recipes. It's easier than you think. One reviewer has suggested poking a few holes in the squash before the initial microwaving. I have never done this and have never had a problem but you might want to do that just in case.
- Wash the squash and leave it wet. Microwave it for 5 minutes to help soften the skin (it's still really hard).
- Cut squash lengthwise and remove seeds.
- To Microwave: put squash halves cut side down in baking dish in 1/4 cup of water covered with plastic. Nuke it for 7-10 minutes.
- To Bake: put squash halves cut side down in baking dish in 1/4 cup of water and bake for 45 minutes covered with foil. Don't let the water cook away. Check it and add more if needed.
- After it's cooled slightly, scrape out the veggie strands with a fork and season with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and parmesan cheese or proceed with another spaghetti squash recipe.
Step 0 - Poke some holes in the squash before microwaving. Don't ask how I know this!
I used the microwave method, and this came out perfectly. Tender and moist. Thanks Realtor for a nice simple keeper. Made for Healthy Choices tag.
I had a small spaghetti squash. Maybe 2 pounds. I cooked each half 7 minutes at high in the microwave. It was perfect. Thanks Realtor :) Made for 123 hit wonders