1/6 Photos of How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
Here's 2 easy ways to cook a spaghetti squash for all those great recipes. It's easier than you think. One reviewer has suggested poking a few holes in the squash before the initial microwaving. I have never done this and have never had a problem but you might want to do that just in case.
My Private Note
- 1Wash the squash and leave it wet. Microwave it for 5 minutes to help soften the skin (it's still really hard).
- 2Cut squash lengthwise and remove seeds.
- 3To Microwave: put squash halves cut side down in baking dish in 1/4 cup of water covered with plastic. Nuke it for 7-10 minutes.
- 4To Bake: put squash halves cut side down in baking dish in 1/4 cup of water and bake for 45 minutes covered with foil. Don't let the water cook away. Check it and add more if needed.
- 5After it's cooled slightly, scrape out the veggie strands with a fork and season with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and parmesan cheese or proceed with another spaghetti squash recipe.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g