1/1 Photo of How Canadians De-Salt Their Ham
2 hrs 10 mins
I found this on the epicurean.com under Canadian recipes. I haven't tried it yet, but it claims to produce a moist, tasty ham that's not overly salty like most. Posted for ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees and trim the fat from the ham.
- 2Marinate in the Ginger Ale for at least 4 hours in the fridge, turning if needed.
- 3Place in foil lined baking dish.
- 4Mix together the beer, mustard and molasses, spread over ham.
- 5Cover ham with foil and bake 15 minutes per pound, then remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How Canadians De-Salt Their Ham
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.4
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 2873.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 42.7 g