Recipe by Engineer #2
I think these balogni-based "ravioli" won a Pillsbury cook-off in the 50's. They're as delicious today as they ever were.
- 1 lb skinless hot dog
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 2 cups flour, sifted with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind together wieners, mustard, & egg.
- Prepare dough by cutting shortening with sifted flour to pea size.
- Sprinkle ketchup mixture over dough & combine lightly with fork.
- Roll dough to 2 12x9-inch rectangles. Cut each into 4 6x4.5-inch rectangles.
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Divide meat mixture evenly onto pastry rectangles. Fold into triangles, sealing with a little water & fork.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet & bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve HOT!