Prep 12 mins
Cook 3 mins
This may be a sandwich, but you'll need a knife and fork to eat it. The filling is easy to stir together and the sandwich makes a quick supper when other activities are scheduled for the evening.
- 1 1⁄2 cups packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage with carrot)
- 1 (9 1/4 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and broken into chunks
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk ranch salad dressing or 2 tablespoons creamy cucumber salad dressing
- 2 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese or 2 ounces swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- In a medium mixing bowl toss together shredded cabbage with carrot and tuna.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing and ranch or cucumber salad dressing.
- Toss salad dressing mixture with tuna mixture.
- Spread tuna mixture evenly on the four halves of the hoagie buns.
- Place on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with cheese.
- Broil 30 to 60 seconds more or until cheese melts.
I enjoyed this sandwich warm but I think I would have liked it a bit better cold. Combined the cole slaw mix and dressing than added the tuna. I used mayonnaise, peppercorn ranch dressing, and finely shredded cheddar cheese. Did have to leave the sandwiches in longer to heat thru as they are pretty big.