Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
Submitted by Judy Anderson for Mascarpone Madness.
Top Review by ChloeBaby
Oh my goodness. This is such an incredibly indulgent drink. So creamy and the perfect blend of chocolate and coffee flavour. This is going in my "favourites" book. Thank you so much!
Made for Fall 2011 PAC.
- 59.14 ml mascarpone cheese
- 29.58 ml cream, heavy
- 177.44 ml milk
- 14.79 ml unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for garnish
- 59.14 ml coffee, black
- 14.79 ml maple syrup, plus more for garnish
- whipping cream, for garnish
- instant coffee, for garnish
- 14.79 ml chocolate chips, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the mascarpone cheese and the heavy cream. Add the milk and heat on low to medium heat, stirring frequently until heated through and completely smooth.
- Add the unsweetened cocoa powder to the mixture and stir again for 5 minutes, or until the cocoa completely dissolves.
- Pour hot coffee into each serving cup - the coffee should fill only the bottom quarter of the cup.
- Pour the chocolate/cheese mixture over the top of the coffee. Add the maple syrup and stir until completely mixed.
- Garnish with whipping cream, a splash of maple syrup, a sprinkle of coffee, a dusting of cocoa powder and a few chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately, for authenticity, serve with a lady finger on the side.