Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A rather interesting looking recipe from today's Ready Steady Cook. Not yet tried, but looked tasty as anything and I want it in my recipe book so I won't forget it! Will write more once tested but, in the meantime, help yourself...
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 55 g strawberries (green bits left on)
- vanilla ice cream (to serve)
- Heat the oil, vinegar, sugar and red wine in a small frying pan for 2-3 minutes, until thickened, then add the strawberries.
- Stir well to coat the strawberries and cook for a further minute.
- To serve, transfer to a serving bowl, pour over some of the pan syrup and serve with a large scoop of ice cream.