Recipe by love4culinary
This is a HOT jam that is lovely with cheese, pies breads and all sorts of cutlets and fritters.
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large onions, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 -3 Thai chiles, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan.
- When oil is hot, add your onions and garlic, reduce your heat and allow them to cook for around 20 minutes stirring frequently, until onions are VERY soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and add the chiles and brown sugar, and blend until smooth, then return the mixture to the pan.
- Cook mixture for approximately 10 minutes stirring frequently, until the liquid evaporates and the mixture has a jam-like consistency.
- Cool slightly and serve.
- This jam will last in the refrigerator in an airtight jar for approximately 1 week.