Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A really tangy combination for those who can't get enough cabbage in all it's forms! From "Recipes from America's Restored Villages" cookbook
- 0 head white cabbage, finely sliced
- 0 head red cabbage, finely sliced
- 473.18 ml sauerkraut
- 14.79 ml mustard
- 473.18 ml salad dressing
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml celery seed
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Simmer sauerkraut, mustard, salad dressing, sugar, celery seeds, salt and pepper about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour over white and red cabbage slices and mix.
- Season with additional salt if necessary.
- Serve hot.
This sounds like it may be a so called vintage recipe. I wasn't sure what was meant by salad dressing, so used mayo. I also didn't cook the sauce as long as the directions stated since I cut the recipe down for one. Loved it.
Wow! This is a great warm salad! It's nice and tangy and crunchy. I used mayo in place of salad dressing. Wonderful results. I'll be making this again; thanx!