Sweet & Sour Sauerkraut (Bayrich Kraut)
Grandma handed this down--it has been a hit for years.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup butter
- 1 (1 lb) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (1 lb) can sauerkraut
- 1 (1 lb) package Polish sausage (optional)
- Simmer sugar, butter and tomatoes for half an hour in skillet.
- Add to drained sauerkraut and polish sausage in baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325° for an 90 minutes,or put in crock pot for same time.
- Goes well with mashed potatoes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more