Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great recipe for entertaining or for Christmas gifts. WARNING: They don't last long. I found this in Good Housekeeping 11/97
- 8 ounces walnuts (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Place walnuts in a 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" jelly roll pan.
- Toast walnuts in oven 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, ground red pepper, and salt.
- Remove walnuts from oven, drizzle spice mixture over the nuts and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Spread nuts in a single layer, cool completely in a pan on a wire rack.
- Store at room temperature in tightly covered container up to a month.
- Makes about 2 cups.
These are WONDERFUl savory sweet nibbles to serve with a cocktail. So easy to do, think I may try Pecans next time !!