Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tea with orange juice and spices
- 4 cups sweetened brewed tea (Turkey Hill, Arizona, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 6 whole cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- lemon slice (optional)
- additional cinnamon stick (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (except lemon slices and additional cinnamon sticks) in a sauce pan.
- Simmer over low to medium heat for 10 minutes. Do not boil.
- Serve in mugs and garnish with lemon slices or cinnamon sticks.
I'm afraid to say that I found this a bit bitter even though I put loads of sugar and honey in! I also wasn't sure whether you're meant to use black tea or not - we don't have those makes in France (or at least I've never come across them!).
This has been a very soothing and tasty drink this past week for me while I'm nursing a cold and sore throat. It's so easy to make, with ingredients I always have on hand, and it just really hits the spot. I highly recommend it.