Recipe by daisygrl64
Serve this spicy punch with a spoon so no one misses the raisins and almonds at the bottom of the cup. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 cups grape juice or 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- 8 whole cloves
- 6 slices orange peel (cut 3x1/2-inch)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- in 3 qt saucepan combine all ingredients except raisins and almonds.
- let stand at room temperature for 4 hours.
- cook over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil (15 to 20 mintues) reduce heat to low, simmer for 15 minutes.
- strain, discard spices.
- return to saucepan. add raisins and almonds.
- continue cooking over low heat until raisins are tender.
- serve hot with a spoon in each mug.