Recipe by FlemishMinx
This recipe comes from British chef Lesley Waters. Makes a nice lunch, or quick summer-time evening meal. Use as many salad greens as your hunger level demands ! Preparation time includes marinating time.
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 lemon, juice of
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled pitted,and sliced
- selection crisp salad green, your choice
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken breasts into finger strips.
- In a bowl combine the mustard, honey and lemon juice.
- Add the chicken strips to the mixture, and season with black pepper.
- Marinate 1 hour.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok (or large frying pan) until very hot.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and add them to the wok.
- Stir-fry 5-6 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toss the avocado with the salad greens, and divide among four plates.
- Add the sesame seeds to the chicken in the wok and stir-fry for a further minute or until seeds are just beginning to color.
- Spoon the hot sesame chicken over the salad, drizzle with the sesame oil and serve at once.