Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Microwave cooking is great for people in a hurry. Sandwiches like these can be heated in a paper plate covered with a paper napkin; so there's no extra washing up. And these sandwiches are particularly tasty too!
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄8 cup sour cream or 1⁄8 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into 4 equal thick slices
- 8 slices dill pickles
- Combine cheese, cucumber, onion, sour cream and seasonings.
- Toast bread lightly and place each slice of bread on a paper plate.
- Arrange a tomato slice and 2 pickle slices on each slice of bread.
- Divide the cheese mixture over the 4 slices and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook each sandwich separately in a microwave, at HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately with a tall glass of fruit juice!
Oh YUMMMMM!! I had to scale this down for 1...me. I used fat free cheddar and fat free sour cream. For the onion I chopped up a green onion.I microwaved mine for 1 minute 30 seconds and it was done. I served it with a lettuce/tomato salad on the side. I will be having this again soon! Thanks so much for posting!! :)
I tried this recipe on whole wheat pita halves and it came out great! Perfect for a college kid on the run.