Recipe by Heather Reynolds in Virginia
Spoon hot cobbler onto serving dishes, and if you are feeling really frisky, top it with whipped cream or ice cream. To make ahead just cool the finished cobbler completely and refrigerate. At serving time cut into squares and reheat in the microwave.
- 1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (margarine is not recommended, use 1 to 1/2 stick melted butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Position oven rack so cobbler will bake in center of oven.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9x13-inch baking pan or coat with baking spray.
- Whisk together everything except cake mix and butter in a large bowl.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the top and drizzle with butter.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until center is slightly puffed, edges are firm and top is lightly browned.
- I know it seems like a lot of butter but use it all.