Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This shap-sweet salad with contrasting textures of crisp and melting and it's creamy dressing is excellent with cold chicken or turkey and with vegetarian quiches.
- 2 heads tightly packed green lettuce
- 4 small peaches
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fennel, leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 small fennel, sprigs (for garnish)
- Cut lettuces into 3/4" thick slices.
- Pit and slice peaches.
- Heat oil in frying pan on moderate heat and chop in garlic.
- Put in lettuce, peaches and fennel and stir for 30 seconds.
- Pour in lemon juice, boil and stir in sour cream.
- When it bubbles, remove salad from heat and transfer to individual bowls.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and one fennel sprig per serving.
This was really good. I substitued yogurt for the sour cream.