Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are the yummiest mini pavlovas you'll ever eat. Served hot they are crisp on the outside and soft and marshmallowy on the inside. Best made close to serving.
- 3 egg whites
- 2 (320 g) cups icing sugar, mixture
- 125 ml boiling water
- 135 ml cupsthickened cream, whipped
- cocoa powder
- 100 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 62 1⁄2 ml cupsthickened cream
- 1 tablespoon dry instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua or 1 tablespoon Tia Maria (optional)
- Beat egg whites, icing sugar and water in small bowl with electric mixer until firm peaks form.
- With a large metal spoon drop 6 equal portions of mixture onto large baking paper lined oven trays.
- Bake on lowest shelf in moderately hot oven for about 20 minutes, ot until lightly browned and firm to touch.
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small pan.
- Stir over low heat until it's all melted together.
- Do not boil.
- Gently lift hot pavlovas from tray to serving plates.
- Top them with whipped cream and Mocha sauce.
- Dust with extra cocoa and icing sugar if desired.
- You can also decorate with chocolate curls and fresh berries.
- These are best served hot so have the egg mixture ready in a bowl and dollop them on the trays and into the oven before you are ready for them.
- If you have the sauce and everything ready ahead of time it only takes a minute to get them from the oven, decorated and on to the table.
- Frozen egg whites can be used instead of fresh.
- If you wish to double the recipe it's recommended that you make the egg mixture in two separate lots.
- The egg mixture doesn't reach the same volume if you double it up in the same bowl.