Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that I obtained from a friend at a golf tournament. It is the greatest thing for appetizer pot lucks, card games etc.
- 226.79 g package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 59.16 ml sour cream
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 35.43 g package taco seasoning mix
- 708.73 g jar salsa
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- grated mozzarella cheese
- Brown lean ground beef over medium high heat.
- When cooked, add taco seasoning mix.
- Meanwhile, cream together sour cream and cream cheese.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a deep dish pie plate.
- Layer ground beef mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the salsa to the top of the ground beef.
- Top with sliced green onions.
- Sprinkle generously with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 or until heated through.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
First time trying this kind of dip with my own little touches here and there, and it turned out amazing!
Everyone loved this. I altered a little: 8 oz sour cream, 1/2 can of refried beans, and Mexican cheese mix instead of mozzarella.
We enjoyed this so much! I did not have green onions, so subbed sweet and used a Mexican mix of cheese instead of Mozzarella. Next time I may add a layer of refried beans over the ground beef. I decided to have an appetizer night, so I served this dip with tortilla chips, Black Bean Salad and Emeril's Fresh and Fierce Margaritas for a Mexican night at home! Thanks for another winning recipe, Canadian Jane : )