Recipe by Canadian Jane
This is a recipe that I obtained from a friend at a golf tournament. It is the greatest thing for appetizer pot lucks, card games etc.
Top Review by Jen S.
I am making this tonite, I added some hot sausage to the ground beef, i made my own salsa put that on top. I also added more sour cream used a mexican cheese blend. I also added black olives, i havent even put in the oven yet my kids tasted it as is and they love it. can't wait to taste after the cheese is melted.
- 226.79 g package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 59.16 ml sour cream
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 35.43 g package taco seasoning mix
- 708.73 g jar salsa
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown lean ground beef over medium high heat.
- When cooked, add taco seasoning mix.
- Meanwhile, cream together sour cream and cream cheese.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a deep dish pie plate.
- Layer ground beef mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the salsa to the top of the ground beef.
- Top with sliced green onions.
- Sprinkle generously with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 or until heated through.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.