Recipe by twissis
From *The World Encyclopedia of Coffee* -- Per the intro, "Instead of a long cool sip on a shady Southern veranda, here the bourbon & mint are combined w/coffee to produce something comforting for colder weather as well." *Enjoy* !
Top Review by Baby Kato
Another delicious treat from the Coffee Queen. I really enjoyed this tasty treat. Wow, was it strong, creamy and yummy. Thanks for posting, I'll be making this again. Made for Culinary Quest - Southern US .
- 4 ounces Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups hot strong black coffee
- 2 tablespoons double cream (heavy cream)
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint (chopped, garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the bourbon + sugar into 2 warmed lrg wine glasses in equal amts. Add hot coffee equally & stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Top w/cream by pouring it over the back of a spoon. DO NOT STIR. Garnish w/chopped mint as desired.
- VARIATION NOTE: Can be adapted for use w/other alcohol such as Southern Comfort or Wild Turkey to produce different flavours.