Recipe by True Texas
From the website Pepperfool.com. This recipe was originally called Ruby Wilcox's Hot Lips Cook Crisps. It come from the Ortega Chili Company. I'm guessing how many it makes.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, melted, cooled
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno (1 to 2)
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar ((3 to 3 1/4)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 (1 ounce) packetschoco bake unsweetened chocolate flavoring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
- BEAT granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Add eggs; beat for 1 minute. Beat in melted morsels. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; beat into chocolate mixture alternately with milk. Stir in jalapeños. Pour into two well-greased 9-inch-round baking pans or one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan(s) for 20 minutes; invert onto wire rack(s) to cool completely.
- FOR RICH CHOCOLATE FROSTING.
- BEAT powdered sugar, milk, butter, chocolate flavor, vanilla extract and salt in small mixer bowl until mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost cake. Decorate sides with nuts.