Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was fantastic and the honey mustard recipe really made it! It was very filling, but with a different taste than the usual oil and vinegar. The combination of the two cheeses was also very nice, and the order of layering really helped to bring out the flavors of the many ingredients. Thanks for posting this one!
- honey mustard (as desired)
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced genoa salami
- 1⁄4 lb sliced mozzarella cheese or 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese
- 2 slices red onions (thin slices, separated into rings)
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli ham
- 1⁄4 lb sliced monterey jack cheese
- 1 medium tomatoes (sliced)
- 3 romaine leaves (torn)
- 1 loaf crusty rustic bread (12-inch --or your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread in half; carefully hollow out part of the bottom and top of bread and discard this or give it to the birds.
- Spread mustard on cut sides of bread.
- On the bread bottom layer in the order given above EXCEPT for the lettuce; the lettuce goes on after it comes out of the oven.
- Replace top and wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes or till heated through.
- Unwrap and put the lettuce on top of the tomato layer.
- Cut into wedges.