Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A comfort food for me. These delicious sandwiches and a spicy dill pickle make a filling delicious meal.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Except for the fact that I left these under the broiler too long, this is a nice solid lunch dish. The Italian salad dressing butter was a great way to get the flavor into the sandwich. These were so easy and tasty that they will be made often. Thnx for sharing your recipe ratherbeswimmin'. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
- 1 lb sliced meat (salami, ham and/or turkey)
- 12 slices cheese (Swiss, cheddar, and/or provolone)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and Italian salad dressing mix until smooth.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of butter mixture on the inside of each hoagie bun.
- On the bottom of each hoagie bun, place one slice of meat, two slices of cheese then another slice of meat.
- Place tops of buns onto sandwiches.
- Spread 1 tablespoon butter mixture on the top of each bun.
- Place sandwiches onto a baking sheet.
- Broil 2-3 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.