Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from the Nov 2005 issue of Favorite Name Brand Recipes, 'A Passion for Chocolate,' featuring Baker's chocolate.
Top Review by Kelley52
I chose this recipe because I didn't have any sweetened condensed or evaporated milk most recipes call for, and I didn't want to get out in the bad weather today. Boy, I'm glad I did! This is FANTASTIC! Easy too!
- 1 (8 ounce) package unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave chocolate & butter in a large microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes, or until butter is melted.
- Remove from microwave & stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add milk, whipping cream & sugar, stirring until well blended.
- Microwave 5 minutes or until mixture is thick & sugar is completely dissolved, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
- Reheat just before serving.