Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick breakfest that the kids will just love. Serve it alone or with eggs and pancakes.
- 1 (12 ounce) packageuncooked sausage links
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- In a skillet, cook the sausage according to the package directions; drain.
- Add the pineapple, brown sugar, and cinnamon; heat through.
- Stir in the banana just before serving.
Very delicious indeed! I did make a few minor adjustments: my package of sausage was 10 oz. and when made according to package instructions there was no need for draining. Used 1 c. of pineapple tidbits with juice (wasnt sure if that was supposed to be drained?), otherwise followed the directions exactly. At my house this served the two of us, plus my toddler without any leftovers. One suggestion I have is to watch the sausage carefully toward the end of cooking because if the bottom of the pan burns, I dont think it would taste as good. Once you add the pineapple and juice, those wonderful sausage remnants get soft and incorporated into the dish and I think it would have a charred taste. This was a great accompaniment to Parmesan Cheese Grits- for any meal of the day! Very easy and delish- I will make again. THANKS!!