Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This drink was concocted at the Moosewood restaurant for the female staff, especially those in mid-life. The soy milk adds phytoestrogens to the diet and is highly beneficial to women's health. Turns out, lots of male customers enjoyed the drink too! Hey, guys get hot flashes too! So chill out with the cool drink!
- 3⁄4 cup chilled peach juice (or a peach juice blend)
- 1⁄4 cup chilled soymilk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- chilled sparkling water (or club soda)
- ice cube
- Stir the peach juice, soy milk, lemon juice, vanilla, and sugar into a chilled 12 ounce glass,.
- Slowly stir in the sparkling water until the glass is almost full.
- Add some ice.
- Sip and enjoy!
DELICIOUS!!! Just right for a summer time cooler! I added one finely chopped peach along with the peach juice and boy was this GOOD! Thanks for the recipe! Prepared as a participant in the Aus/NZ Aug 2009 Swap #31 Event.