Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Meaty and delicious!
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (more if you want spicy)
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a stock pot, place your ground beef. I cover the ground beef with water. On medium-high heat, cook the meat until it is brown and crumbly. I like to cook it this way so that it has a very crumbly consistency. It will turn a light brown color when it is finished cooking. This will take around an hour. Drain it in a colander. This is great to drain the fat.
- Return the cooked meat to the same pot.
- Add all of the ingredients except the 3 cups of water. Mix well.
- Gradually add the 3 cups of water mixing well.
- It will look quite soupy. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 1 hour until it has thickened and most of the water has evaporated.
- Stir occasionally.