Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Have you ever been to Coney Island for a chili dog, or maybe your neighborhood Dairy Queen?
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- shredded cheese
- chopped onion
- pickle relish
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, and sweet pepper until meat is brown. Drain off fat. Stir in tomato sauce, beans, and chili powder. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot dogs in buns with shredded cheese, chopped onion, and pickle relish.
- Makes enough sauce for 6 hot dogs.