Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hot and sweet yet soooo very nice as an accent garnish to any Mexican Dish.It is colorful I was experimenting one day and came up with this and have received many favorable comments
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno juice
- 1 orange, rind of, diced
- 1 fresh lemon rind, of diced
- 1 lime rind, of diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon mexican chili flakes
- Heat sugar and Jalepeno juice in saucepan on low heat till sugar is dissolved.
- Add the rinds, bring to the boil Reduce heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes Add the Cilantro and Chili flakes Allow to cool and drain the rind through a sieve.
- Save the syrup as it is VERY flavorful.
Easy and delish!
very easy, and very tasty. I sprinkled it around my plates when I was serving rice.Many comments! Very nice touch to any dish