Recipe by Baby Kato
This rich cocoa sounded so good, that I had to post it here, so that I didn't lose the recipe. I can't wait to try this.
Top Review by diner524
This was awesome!! I scaled it back to serve one and it was great on a cold, rainy day!! I found it to have the perfect balance of sweetness and chocolate flavor for my taste. I loved the added salt, maple syrup and melted marshmallow!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Went to the Market Tag Game.
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water, boiling
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups homogenized milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, add sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Stir in the boiling water and butter, mix well and bring mixture to a rapid boil.
- Mix the milk, cream, maple syrup and vanilla extract together.
- Lower heat to simmering and slowly add the milk mixture to pot.
- Now add 8 of the marshmallows and heat through, stirring occasionally until the marshmallows are all melted.
- Pour into four warm mugs and top each mug with a marshmallow.