Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
One of the blokes at work always brings in pots of food for his lunch which I eye up jealously. One of these was Hot Chilli Paneer which his wife kindly gave me the recipe for. Phew! It's definitely spicy! Thanks Manisha!
- 250 g panir, cut into 1-2cm cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, grated
- 6 dried red chilies
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 -3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Dry-fry the dried chilies in a pan for a couple of minutes over a medium heat.
- Add coriander seeds and turmeric and grind for a further minute.
- Grind spices and dried chilies to a fine powder.
- Fry the onion in oil until browned.
- Add green chilies and fry until soft.
- Stir in ground spices and fry for another minute.
- Add tomato and stir until everything is well blended.
- Stir in Paneer and fry in spice paste, stirring until well coated - for about 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with chapatti.
Awesome dish 4 vegeterian ...just add little beat of capsicum
This was soooo hot! Really quite easy to make and turned out good, with a lovely sweet onion flavour underneath the heat. I used really hot chillies and it was too hot! Next time I'll use less or use milder ones.
i recommend a pinch of salt to the recipe