Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great appetizer to start your party. I usually triple the recipe--they go fast!
- 25 slices miniature party rye rounds
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Spread butter on one side of mini rye bread rounds and broil till slightly browned.
- Beat 2 egg whites stiff.
- Beat in baking powder, salt and paprika.
- Fold in grated cheese.
- Spread on untoasted side of bread.
- Broil until browned.
I've got a serious problem with these - I'm totally addicted! Seriously, I made it one night as an appetizer for dinner because it was simple and I happened to have all the ingredients on hand. It ended up being dinner! And it was soooooooooo delish, I actually woke up at 3:46am craving more of these. So I made another batch. For 2 days in a row I've been making these and eating them. So, beware - these are very simple to make, they are inexpensive and taste delicious! Thanks for posting this Marie! * This recipe was made and reviewed for ZaarTag. Come and play! It's delicious fun!- Mimi Bobeck*