Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is much less expensive than a commercial brand.
- 1 lb butter
- 2 lbs brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- boiling water
- Soften butter and mix with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Refrigerate or freeze.
- For each serving, use 1 tablespoon of the mix, 1/2 ounce to 1 1/2 ounces of rum and 6 ounces boiling water.
I think this is terrific. So easy, so delicious, and I'll always have the ingredients on hand. Thanks so much for posting it.
Very satisfying! Traditionally the drink is made cold and heated with the red hot end of a poker, to give it a delicious scorched taste. I pressed a TBS of the mix into each section of an ice cube tray and froze them. When done I knocked them out of the tray and stored them in Zip-lock bags. One cube per mug full. My next batch will be doubled. I have greedy friends.
This recipe sounds wonderful. I have a friend that owns a Sports Bar and I'm going to make a double batch to give her for Christmas along with the recipe so she can replentish her stock. I'll keep you posted about her responce to the gift shortly after we've picked our selves off of the floor from testing the drink throughly.