Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rich and rewarding, this coffee coupling is sure to warm your spirits. To save time when entertaining, dish up the butter mixyure with a small scoop and let guests mix their own drinks. From the Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- Cinnamon sticks and whipped cream, optional.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and spices.
- For each serving, stir 1 tablespoon butter mixture into 1 cup coffee. Garnish with cinnamon stick and whipped cream if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate leftover butter mixture for up to 2 weeks.
This was excellent. I really enjoyed this spicy, buttery treat. I used extra bold french roasted coffee and garnished with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick. I will be making this again often, the butter makes the drink mellow. Thanks so much for sharing.
Wow! This is great stuff! I took two photos, one of the mixture and one of the coffee finished product. Who would have thunk to put butter in your coffee? Thanks for posting! This recipe was made for the Comfort Cafe's Jan. '09 tag game.