Feed the family a substantial, hot breakfast, fast. Keep these in the freezer for inexpensive zap-and-run convenience! Adapt the recipe to your tastes, dietary needs. Try another variety of cream soup, such as cheddar cheese. Sub diced beef or ham for the sausage, cubed potatoes or broccoli for the veggies, tortillas or English muffins for the pita.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs.
- 2Combine beaten eggs, cream soups, and pepper thoroughly with stand mixer or food processor.
- 3Add sauteed veggies and meat to egg-soup mixture.
- 4Scramble egg mixture until just slightly less cooked then you normally like your eggs.
- 5TIP: You may do this in batches in a skillet or all at once in a dutch oven, carefully stirring eggs so uncooked portions flow to bottom.
- 6Fill each pita half (tortilla or other bread "wrapper") with cooked egg mixture and top with approximately 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- 7TIP: Keep a 9x13 pan handy to place filled pockets in an upright position while assembling the pockets.
- 8TIP: Place "Burrito-style" Hot Breakfasts to go on cookie sheets, not touching one another.
- 9TIP: Allow the Pita-style pockets to cool somewhat before adding the cheese unless serving immediately.
- 10Place filled pockets (or burritos or sandwiches) in freezer.
- 11Once frozen, package each pocket separately in microwave/freezer-safe wrapping and store in freezer for grab, zap and run breakfasts.
- 12To serve, reheat the frozen breakfast in the microwave for approximately 90 seconds, until hot throughout.
- 13You WILL need to experiment with the reheating time as microwaves can and do vary greatly.
- 14Makes 24 hot breakfasts to go.
- 15You may prepare 1/3 of the recipe for a sit-down family breakfast if you do not wish to freeze it by cooking the eggs to your normally desired level of doneness.
- 16A third of the recipe would serve 4-8, depending on your family's appetite.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Breakfast to Go
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.5
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 384.2 mg
- Sodium 1397.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 30.6 g